Knowledge and expertise are extremely important when it comes to SEO but there are certain intangible qualities which are great to possess.
- Dedication: individuals who commit to their company and clients are people who really thrive to succeed and that will have the passion for SEO
- Communicator: People who are great at communicating are usually great at SEO and getting involved with what is happening and discussing why and how changes will affect people.
- Hard worker: There is no substitute to hard work. Although everyone seems to say that they work hard not many keep on working after being at the job for a while. So, one has to keep reminding oneself about the importance and significance of working hard as an employee.
- Adaptable/decisive and effective learner: Search engine optimisers who know how to adjust themselves to new environment and new changes in the world of SEO, willing to learn new things and perform their best in changes are likely to be the best performers in the world of SEO.
- Team Player: Many companies consist of teams. Any company requires an effective team effort. Any SEO worker who can effectively work as a team
- Ethical: rules are made to be followed. There is decorum of every place that ought to be kept. A good search engine optimiser follows the policies of the trade using white hat tactics in their work and making sure others do to.
- Effective: SEO doesn’t matter if you don’t see improvement in the metrics. Being results-oriented and understanding metrics is crucial to being effective, both in your career as an SEO and in getting results for your clients.